The people of IND, LLC. share a devotion to fuel cells, fuel cell testing, fuel cell test station development, fuel cell support, catalyst testing, catalyst test equipment, and, most importantly, to our customers. Our team brings unique, individual approaches together to form a powerful force in innovation and customer support. Qualified applicants should send a resume with employment history and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IND, LLC. is accepting applications for the following positions:
Technical Service Engineer
IND, LLC. is a leading provider of fuel cell and catalyst test equipment. Our equipment is used around the world by large companies, industry leaders, start-ups and universities in the development of catalysts as well as fuel cell stacks, materials and components. The fuel cell and catalyst industry is growing rapidly as our customers work to develop fuel cells for laptops, back-up generation, homes and automobiles and catalysts for fuel cells, reformers, and emission control. Fideris has the largest customer base in the industry and we are aggressively expanding our technical support staff to allow us to continue to provide the highest quality technical support to our customers.
The Technical Service Engineer will be joining a team which presently has the responsibility for pre- and post-sales technical support of our hardware and software product lines. In this role, each individual in this group will:
- Work with Fideris sales personnel during the pre-sales stage to answer customer questions;
- Relay sales leads and potential opportunities to the sales team;
Technical Support - Issue Resolution
- Answer customer inquiries and requests for technical support telephone calls and emails in a timely manner;
- Track customer issues through to completion to ensure a 100% resolution rate;
- Contribute to the existing Technical Support Issues and Solutions documentation INDluding updates and new issues/resolutions;
- Contribute to our website general FAQ and customer restricted access FAQ and issues/resolution documentation;
- Contribute to and help establish clear and accurate setup and troubleshooting procedures for internal and customer use;
- Contribute to the establishment of a web-based database of procedures for customers and service personnel in the field;
- Relay hardware and software issues back to engineering and software testing groups for product improvement at every opportunity;
Technical Support Installation, Training and Acceptance
- Provide customer training and education either at the customers site or at a Fideris facility or through remote educational tools such as Webex, conference calls, etc.;
- Participate in the factory acceptance stage of equipment delivery;
- Provide on-site installation and engineering acceptance;
- Maintain continuing education on established equipment as well as new features and products;
- Provide calibration services for Fideris and third-party instruments INDluding but limited to pressure, temperature, voltage, current, humidity, flow;
- Maintain calibration records for Fideris owned equipment;
- Contribute to calibration procedures and processes to establish and maintain ISO 9000 certification.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the requirements for testing fuel cells and catalysts. The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of system level hardware and software involving the installation, operation, and diagnostics of Fideris software and hardware systems INDluding reactant control and delivery, oxygen safety, air management, thermal management, water handling, high current DC systems, system communications, and data acquisition. This position will require an understanding of instrumentation and control, electronics, pressure control systems, heat exchangers, flow control, embedded controllers, and a high-level understanding of the customers application such as electrochemical devices, catalysts, etc.
This is a hands-on position that will require extremely good verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will have electro-mechanical and electrical skills with a demonstrated ability to follow and troubleshoot from system electrical schematics and P&IDs. Experience and an understanding of system and software diagnostics and support is required.
While beneficial, it is not expected that the candidate will have personal, hands-on experience with fuel cell or catalyst testing. However, the successful candidate will have direct experience in a related field and operating instrumentation and control equipment having a similar level of complexity as the existing Fideris product line.
- Effective communication with personnel within the group, sales, and customers;
- Ability to rapidly understand the customer application and issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Moderate level of programming experience in C++, VBScript or similar;
- Self-starting, self-directing, able to make decisions and take ownership for issues related to a customers problem.
- Experience of at least 2-5 years.
- BS in EE, ME or ChE desirable but experience in lieu of degree would be considered.
- Liaising with managers, software engineers, documentation group, and sales in creating and refining technical documentation.
- Ability to work at a customers site in a professional and efficient manner.
Work Location and Travel
It is anticipated that this position will require regular domestic and international travel (up to 50%).